Google

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Six Degrees of Bracknell

"Six Degrees of Separation" is a play that explores the notion that everyone in the world is connected to everyone else by a chain of no more than six acquaintances. I wanted to see the play in New York, but never got around to it. It was made into a film, released in 1993. That, I did see and if you haven't, it's probably worth it just to see Will Smith play a gay guy. Here in this corner of the Royal County of Berkshire, England (they call it the Royal County, because the Queen has a residence, here...Windsor Castle, innit? It's kind of cool that I live so close to the Queen. But my evil ex-wife, the Black Queen's parents live in the town of Windsor, too. Someone better warn the Queen, cause they're dodgy.), the connections can be a lot closer.
Back in June, I was being considered for a job as an Assistant Manager of a pub/restaurant (see "Fox in the Henhouse?" blog article, in June archives [July on Blogspot] ). I ended up being one of two finalists, but didn't get the job, after I was sandbagged by a lesbian Assistant Manager, who spread false stories about me to get the Manager not to hire me. One of the junior chefs, where I am currently working, used to work at the same restaurant I had applied to. He's friends with another chef who still works there. That's how I found out about the lesbian and her sabotage of my chances. Recently, my youngest housemate, M1, got a job there, as a bartender. To make it all cozy, my other housemate, S1, used to work for the same company that owns this restaurant, working at one of their pubs. I told the chef I am working with about M1 starting to work at the restaurant. M1 got the job not knowing that I had actually done some trial shifts there, in June. This chef being the type of guy he is, asked his friend there about M1. Today, he reported back to me
According to his source, M1 is having a relationship with one of the waitresses and she isn't the Exotic Flower, who is his girlfriend that stays here, weekends. I wonder if the Flower knows? Okay, for a split second, the thought crossed my mind to tell her...ha, ha, ha...but guys don't do that sort of thing. It's not the done thing. A guy doesn't tell on another guy, when he's playing away. Not directly, anyway. Now, if there was a way to orchestrate her finding out, without actually telling her, that's different. Hmmm...can't think of any way. It wouldn't really benefit me, anyway. It's not like she would turn to me, would she? Who says life isn't like British uber soap opera, "Eastenders?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home