Google

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Episode II: Attack of the Crones

I had trouble getting the blogging site to work tonight, so I almost gave up. I shouldn't be up this late, as I need to be up in 2 and 1/2 hours to leave for the studio, for this TV project I am working on. Because I am filming tomorrow (really later today, because it's after midnight) and Friday, I may not get another chance to write until Friday night. I so wanted to use this title and I don't like letting my loyal readers down.
Wednesday, I was back at the golf club. This time, Mary was joined by another old crone, who was a waitress. The waitress crone fixed me with a piercing stare when I arrived at work. She probably thought I looked familiar, but couldn't quite place me. I have worked with her before, but not for some time. Mary left me alone, today, letting me work without bothering me. She even offered me some of the staff lunch before she threw it away, which was useful. I did wonder if she had done something to it, first. Anyway, it seemed like the sarcasm worked. Either that, or her memory is so bad, she forgot she was cross with me, yesterday.
I was still faced with working with three, unpleasant looking, old crones (although, to be fair, one, the boss, isn't that old, just bad looking). This was getting like "Macbeth." How did the tradition start that witches are ugly? Samantha Stevens, from "Bewitched," was good looking. The good witch from "the Wizard of Oz" (Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore) was good looking. Surely they would be more effective if they were hot looking. Satan too. If Satan looked like Liz Hurley, in "Bedazzled," surely all guys would be selling their souls to the devil, wouldn't they? That's why I don't think there is a Satan, because Liz Hurley hasn't sauntered up to me to bargain for my soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home