Google

Saturday, September 02, 2006

That's My Saturday Night Ruined!

I have been contemplating writing about my current housemates for some time, but other subjects seemed to take precedence. Well, no more. I went downstairs, at about 7PM, to put my dinner in the oven. I discovered a note from my middle housemate, whom I shall refer to as S1. It seems he decided to take the viewing card out of my Sky box and take it to work with him, to use in a Sky box there. He works all night as a security guard. He says, in the note, that he will return it in the morning and he hopes I don't mind. Of course I mind!
I mind for several reasons. The first is that this prevents me from using my Sky at all, tonight. New films always premiere every Saturday night and I had plans to watch the premiere of "Sahara" and the showing of "The Empire Strikes Back." By doing this, he's messed up my plans for tonight. Second, he didn't ask me first and I was home all day. He even saw me, earlier, when I reminded him that he owes me some money for something I bought for him, at his request. If he knocked on my door, he knocked so lightly, I didn't hear it. If he wanted to do this, he should have made sure to ask before leaving the house. Finally, he hasn't paid anything towards the Sky bill since I moved in here, on the 31st of March, despite initially promising to do so. Despite the fact that I wouldn't have agreed to his taking the viewing card even if he had been paying his share of the bill, to take it when he's paid absolutely nothing is the height of nerve. Well, that's my Saturday night screwed up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home