Google

Monday, August 28, 2006

Bank Holiday Music in Bracknell

The world famous Notting Hill Carnival has been running, this weekend, in London. Obviously, I didn't go. I am not going to spend the money on traveling to London any more than necessary and there are pickpockets there, and all. However, today, I did go to another Bank Holiday festival...at South Hill Park, here in beautiful Bracknell. There were three elements to this festival that combined to convince me to attend. 1) My friend, Chris Wilson, and his band, The Point, were playing there. 2) It was within walking distance, so I didn't have to spend any money to get there. 3) The admission price was affordable...it was free!
There was lots of food and drinks on sale there, none of which I could afford. Chris Wilson's band, the Point, were not there in their entirety, so they were Not the Point, for the day. I'm not sure who was missing, as Chris and Simon Blay were there, the drummer, Mike...in any case, they were great anyway. Chris mentioned me, during his set, acknowledging my presence. As a media whore, I loved that, of course. I saw a number of old friends and former co-workers, even a couple of my old employees, which was nice. I also saw a couple of people I don't like. While I was there, no one bought me a beer and no one bought me anything to eat. I found out it was my friend, Nikos' birthday. Chris Wilson sang happy birthday to him. I joined in, but most of the crowd didn't. Well, that's Bracknell for you, innit? The sun was shining and there were rides in a horse drawn wagon, as well as face painting and bouncy castles.
The event was to raise money for charity. The Sue Ryder trust, or something like that. I still haven't figured out how you raise money for charity by throwing a free event, but that's just me. They wanted people to make donations, or something. Unfortunately, I am too poor to donate, but I wish them success. Speaking of charity events, how come no one ever throws a charity event for me? Check out The Point at their Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/bracknellpoint

1 Comments:

Blogger Joey B said...

Well I said, yesterday, if you could have come out here, you coudl go to the festival with me.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home