Google

Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday Night of a Holiday Weekend

It's the Friday night of a holiday weekend, right now. Here in England, it's August Bank Holiday Weekend. For those in America, who have never been to Britain (shame on you!), this is an annual holiday, the last weekend in August. It's sort of like Labor Day, but doesn't have a name. Bank Holidays are just weekdays when banks are closed. There are several, throughout the year. Some are proper holidays, like Christmas, New Year's Day, and Good Friday, but the one in August doesn't seem to correspond to any holiday. It's like folks just decided, "hey, we should have a three day weekend about now."
I was so tired when I got home from work, I had a nap. I got up in time to catch the last twenty minutes of "Eastenders," the greatest soap opera in the world. After that, I couldn't find anything I felt like watching on TV. Pretty much all of the films are ones I have seen already. Now that "Big Brother" has ended, there's a hole in my Friday night TV watching. At least I have been able to catch more of Caroline Faraday's show, on LBC 97.3, London (Sky Channel 0177 or via the net, at: http://www.lbc973.co.uk/ ) When "Big Brother" was running, I used to miss all but the last 30 minutes of her show, as it conflicted with eviction nights. Caroline is very energetic and has an animated accent, with a husky voice. Her show is Friday's, 8PM to 10PM, London time. She's lots of fun, so if you haven't ever listened to her, check her out. I have called and spoken to her producer, trying to get on air, tonight. Caroline has some actor who plays in the UK TV series, "The Bill," on with her. I have some amusing questions to ask him. His name is TJ and he plays, "Zane." I don't know who he is, because I never watch "The Bill." He says he wants to play James Bond, one day. I suspect the producer won't be calling me back, which is a shame. I wanted to ask, "are you named after TJ Hooker? William Shatner is 75, do you plan on still acting when you are 75? You want to play James Bond, as I have done some acting, but am American, will you cast me as Felix Leiter? Why are the police called, 'the bill,' in Britain?" What a way to amuse myself on a Friday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home