Google

Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Longest Day

Written 21 June, 2006:

Today is the longest day of the year. Well, it has 24 hours, just like any other day. What people mean is that it has the longest amount of daylight of any day. The Summer Solstice. Each year, a big group of people gathers at Stonehenge to greet the dawn. Did I go? Hell no! I am not getting up before dawn to hang out with a bunch of druids, when I have to work. To those of you in America, Canada, or other non-UK locations, I live close enough to Stonehenge that it is just a leisurely drive away. Sort of like you might take to go out to dinner, or to see a show. How cool is that? Yeah, I have been a few times. They have roped it off now, so you can't touch it. Well, that sucks. Hey, I wonder if they rent the venue out for parties? One year, I should have my birthday party at Stonehenge. Happy Summer Solstice, everybody!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home