Google

Sunday, July 30, 2006

What Do the World Cup, Golf, Gold, and Sugar Have in Common?

Originally written June 16th, 2006:

I was back at the golf club, today. I saw the Slovakian Ice Princess again. She looked exactly the same as last time. Same plastic bits in her hair. Same ignoring me. The nice Polish waitress was there too. She asked me if I got the job at the pub/restaurant. Awwww...she remembered. Rounding things out was this little thing, who looked about 12 years old. She must be at least 16. I couldn't imagine them hiring anyone under 16, but what a young looking girl. I teased her a bit. At least she laughed at my jokes.
The radio was on, at work, and reports of the England game against Trinidad and Tobago were announced. That's the World Cup! England won, 2-0!!! Can you tell? I don't really give a shit. At the end of the day, it's just some men kicking a ball around. But, in honor of the World Cup, I was Clive Bull's last caller, last night, on LBC 97.3, London, and we talked about football (soccer, for my American readers). Interestingly enough, Clive mentioned on air that he thought they should get rid of the offside rule, at least on a trial basis. It just so happens that I suggested the very same thing to Nando, my former, Italian, housemate, last year. I just moved, at the end of March, but I had shared a house with Nando for the past three years. Nando is a racist and is anti-semitic, but, despite that, is a very nice guy. Nando loves football and used to subject me to numerous matches on TV. I suggested to him that I thought the offside rule could be done away with. Nando disagreed and said I could only say that because I don't know much about football. Oh come on! I know enough. I played it for a year, when I was in secondary school. Now, low and behold, Clive Bull says exactly the same thing! You can catch Clive Bull's show 8PM to midnight, London time, on LBC 97.3, available over the net at: www.lbc973.co.uk
Last Friday, "Big Brother" UK chose a Golden Ticket claimant to enter the "Big Brother" House, live on UK TV. 34 claimants passed the screening and were entered into the random drawing. Number 14 was chosen, a 43 year old, "model," named Suzie. Some of the housemates recognized her, as she had auditioned for "Big Brother" three years, including this year. She was also a standby housemate for Big Brother 5. Her husband bought her Golden Ticket for her on eBay, for £4,000. Almostimmediatelyy, people began to claim the drawing was fixed. Some suggested that every ball in the machine used for the lottery-like drawing had Suzie's number on it. Davina McCall, the host of "Big Brother" stated that the machine had been inspected by anindependentt adjudicator. Conspiracy theorists would not be satisfied and tried to make something out of the fact that theindependentt adjudicator hadn't issued a statement, himself. Further "evidence," they claimed was that Suzie didn't seem excited to be chosen. Also, how did "Big Brother" have golden clothes to fit her that night, after she was chosen, if they didn't know she was going in ahead of time?
The conspiracy theorists tried to makesomethingg out of the fact that some housemates recognized Suzie. As people audition, they do tend to run into eachotherr. I met Pete, this year, at auditions. During the screening process, perspective housemates give their measurements, which explains the golden clothes fitting. Also, some people don't outwardly demonstrate excitement over suchthingss. I am the same way. But the biggest question the conspiracy theorists can't answer is, "why?" Why would "Big Brother" fix the drawing to put Suzie in? She's rather dull. Why fix it to put her in? Well, now the adjudicator has issued a public statement that there was no fix. Will that put he conspiracy theories to rest, once and for all?
That's the gold. And now for the sugar. Tonight, the first episode of the second series of "Sugar Rush" aired. For those of you not in Britain, "Sugar Rush" is a TV series, which started last year, about a teenaged schoolgirl, Kim, who thinks she is a lesbian and is in love with one of her female schoolmates, "Sugar." Unfortunately for Kim, Sugar is heterosexual. This is no "Will and Grace." The show depicts attempted date rape, risque images of teenaged schoolgirls, teenaged promiscuity, shoplifting, drug use, and underaged drinking. The first series had such memorable scenes as Kim taking Sugar's worn panties out of the rubbish and keeping them, Sugar jumping up and down on a trampoline, without panties on, in front of some boys, and Kim giving her mother crabs. This is cutting edge British TV. If the bluenoses in America got their knickers in a twist over Janet Jackson's boobie, I wonder what they would make of "Sugar Rush?" Tonight, the first two episodes of the second series were on. The highlights of the second series, so far, is Kim dressed in her school uniform, being spanked by an older woman and this same older woman putting cocaine on her tongue, then giving Kim oral pleasures.
questionss? Comments?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home