Google

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Par for the Course

Well, well, well...I was back at the golf course, today. The preggo waitress was back, but so was the lovely, dark-haired, Continental looking one. I found out she is from Slovakia. So, I was right...a Continental beauty. She came into close proximity to me many times, today. Very thin girls are not normally my thing, but this gal is lovely. She smelled very nice, of some sort of perfume. Sporting form fitting black trousers that showed off her cute butt, I could see she wasn't wearing a thong. She had these lovely pink and violet clips holding her almost jet black hair up. A slim, sharp nose, red tinted cheeks, and sparkling ice blue eyes. Quite appropriately, "Close to You," by the Carpenters, came on the radio.
I really don't know exactly what it is about this woman, but every time she came into view, my heart started pounding. Today, I was working with a fellow from Spain, with long hair, who looked like a Hollywood imitation of Jesus. He said this girl didn't do it for him. All I could think was, "good." In any event, our Slovakian beauty was an ice princess. She acted like I didn't exist. She looked past me like I wasn't there. Have you ever had that happen to you? She finally spoke to me, only to ask me to help her put something on a shelf, because she couldn't seem to manage it. It wasn't particularly heavy, she just couldn't work out how to fit it on the shelf. I sorted it out for her straight away. Ok, so she's not a rocket scientist.
When she apologized for dropping something on the floor, I thought the ice might be finally melting. As I picked it up for her, I gave her that "you can drop anything you like, baby," smile. I might as well have been Luke Skywalker trying to use Jedi mind tricks on Jabba the Hut, for all the good it did me (yes, I managed to work a "Star Wars" reference into this). I kept trying to read her name tag, but for some reason, the size of the lettering seemed ideally suited to prevent me from being able to read it, no matter how hard I tried. All I can say is her name starts with a "v," and looks foreign. When the Balkans beauty left for the day, she said goodbye to "Jesus," who didn't even fancy her, but not to me.
While I was having my lunch, outside, as it was a sunny, hot day, a somewhat less gorgeous, but still attractive waitress joined me. It turned out this one was from Poland and displayed a much more friendly disposition.. She bore a slight resemblance to Nicola Roberts, from Girls Aloud, although with a few more years and pounds on (Girls Aloud have added me as a friend, on Myspace, so they deserve a mention). Our conversation was cut short, when the boss walked by. She scooted off, back to work, while I slowly followed, as I think I had overstayed my lunch break, but as Sting sang, "a gentleman walks but never runs.".
Finally, starting the late shift, was a short, but lovely, mousy brown haired beauty, who was very friendly and giggly. Girls who giggle or laugh easily are always enduring targets of my teasing and this one was no exception. We started discussing music and she had never heard of "Macarena." How could that be? What girlie girl hasn't heard of "Macarena? Well, it turns out she is only 16! So, when "Macarena" was a big hit, she would have been...6. Gosh, I feel old. She promised she would look it up on the internet. She told me she likes "The Black Eyed Peas," which seems common amongst girls her age, here in England (another mention for one of my Myspace friends). "Jesus" really liked this one, although he didn't seem able to manage to engage her in conversation. When I pointed this out to him, he jealously reminded me that my heart pounds for the Slovakian ice princess. Well, at least the Slovak looks old enough to vote

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home