Google

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Strictly Emma Bunton

It seems that former Spice Girl, Emma Bunton, will be one of several celebrity contestants on the new series of "Strictly Come Dancing." The show will air on BBC1 starting next month. Known as "Baby Spice," during her Spice Girls days, Emma is all grown up, now. In case you didn't know, she is my favorite ex-Spice Girl and no, it's not because my evil ex-wife, the Black Queen, is particularly jealous of blondes. I wasn't too impressed with her when the Spice Girls were still together. The whole "Baby" image didn't appeal to me, as an older man...too juvenile. However, since she started her solo career, I think adding a few years has caused her to blossom into a stunning beauty.
I love her music, as well. I bought her last album, "Free Me," and that's saying a lot, because I am very tight (cheap?), so I don't buy many CDs. The album did well, here, in the UK, but apparently not so well in the US. I personally took a copy with me on my last trip to America, in 2004, playing it for friends. What is wrong with folks in America? Surely, you're not all only into nu metal, rap, and hip hop? You can check her out on Myspace at: www.myspace.com/emmabuntonusa .
The "Daily Mail" showbusiness reporter, Clemmie Moodie, suggests that doing "Strictly Come Dancing" will help sales of Emma's next album, which is rumored to be due out soon. If the show isn't aired in America, it won't help Emma's sales there. Maybe an endorsement from me will. I wonder if she hates being referred to as Baby Spice, now? Every article I ever see of her mentions her old Spice Girls nickname. I am tempted to watch this "Strictly Come Dancing," just because of her, and...oh say it can't be true...maybe even vote for her to win. And I never vote in these phone in reality shows. Well, all I will say is, "Maybe," which happens to be the title of my favorite single of hers. To date, Emma hasn't been in touch to garner my support for her new album. Perhaps, closer to the release date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home