Google

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Impotent Fertility Clinics?

It has come to my attention (in other words, I read it in the paper) that there is a crisis at British fertility clinics. The number of sperm donors has fallen dramatically after changes in the law governing these matters. One of the two significant changes is that donors are no longer anonymous. Thus, children now born from donated sperm have the right to contact the donor, once they reach 18. The other significant change is that donors are no longer paid for their services. The combination of these factors has resulted in over two-thirds of fertility clinics in Britain having no sperm. Personally, I am not bothered about a child contacting me 18 years hence. Big deal. But not being paid would definitely put me off. Show me the money.
When I heard this, I thought of the song from "Monty Python's The Meaning of Life," "Every Sperm is Sacred." I wonder what Sperm whales call us humans? Have I included enough gratuitous uses of the word, "sperm," in this blog? Well, it was a shot in the dark. I thought I would rise to the occasion. I think I have shot my load of tasteless witticisms on this subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home