Google

Saturday, September 09, 2006

First There Was Multitasking, Now Multi-dating

Apparently, it's the new "craze" from America and is due to spread to London. It's called "muti-dating." Multi-dating is where single people date as many different people as they like, just not on the same night. This continues until two people expressly decide that they are boyfriend and girlfriend. In an article in Thursday's edition of "thelondonpaper" (http://www.thelondonpaper.com/ ), under-employed celebrity, Denise Van Outen, is said to have tried it. In the same article, a so called, "Relationship Expert," Kate Taylor, is quoted saying, "I really hope multi-dating is something that takes off here." If you are so keen, Kate, you can start with me. Pick me up at 7:30.
Female support for such a concept surprises me. In my experience, women have been the ones who, traditionally, have the hardest time handling a non-exclusive relationship. I suspect that many men have been "multi-dating" for years, they just didn't have a catchy name for it. They also kept it secret, because their girlfriends would blow a fuse if they found out. With "multi-dating," it's supposedly okay, because it's all out in the open.
I'm having hard enough time just single-dating. I haven't been on a date in eight months. My friend Tom, the Injured Cyclist (http://theinjuredcyclist.blogspot.com/), offered to introduce me to a woman he knows. I come to find out she's married. What good is that? Maybe his injured leg had him off blance, or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home