Google

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Artist of the Week: Bodyrox

This week, my Artist of the Week is Bodyrox. Bodyrox is the production duo of Jon Pearn and Nick Bridges. They earned the honor slot this week because of their hit single, "Yeah, Yeah," featuring vocals by Luciana. The song grew on my gradually, after I started seeing the video on the music TV channels. Then, for some reason over this past week, I can't get it out of my head. Luciana's performance in the video I find captivating. I don't normally like that two-tone, blond and brunette combination hairstyle, but it seems to work for her. Something about her dancing I find captivating and the hair flipping doesn't go amiss.
"Yeah, Yeah" was released in October, last year, reaching number 2 in the UK charts. It has become a massive club anthem and earned Bodyrox an Ivor Novello Award nomination. It's inspiring a new genre of House music that some are calling, "New Rave." Not ones to rest on their laurels, Bodyrox released another single just last month. Entitled "Another Chance, Every Time I See Her (Sound of Eden)," which continues their trend of producing quality dance music. You can check them out on Myspace at: http://www.myspace.com/bodyrox . For Pete's sake, I feel like going clubbing.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home