Google

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Happy Anniversary

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of my blog. From humble beginnings on Bank Holiday weekend, last year, I have posted about 410 articles during the year. Those of you good at math will notice that averages out to slightly over one article per day. The practice of writing regularly has increased my confidence to the point where I'm ready to tackle bigger projects, like a book, for instance (publishers and editors, take note!). Over the course of the year, I have had no rewards other than the dedication of you, my readers. Fame and fortune have yet to find me, via my blog. I failed to win the Best of British Blog Awards, loosing out to a web cam of a chicken. I have made three offline friends through my blog and exponentially increased my social life. I have also enjoyed finding an outlet for the would be writer within me. Blogging gives me an outlet to an audience and it's knowing that audience is reading that keeps me going. Your comments and responses are greatly appreciated. Over the past year, my blog has been viewed over 25,000 times. If I received £1 per viewing, I'd be able to live off that. Sadly, that is not the case.
Don't worry, I'm not asking you lot to pay me. Over the next year, I'd not only like to see my readership double, I'd like it to increase exponentially. I'd like to have at least four times the number of readers and views by this time next year. That is a goal you can help me with. If you enjoy reading my blog, then tell your friends and family. I know some of you do that already and I thank you, but not all of you do. When my readership is large enough, I will gain greater access to interesting people to write about. Over the past year, I have met Pete Burns, been in the same room with Matt Damon, Albert Finney, director Paul Greengrass (United 93, Bourne Supremacy), Scott Glenn, and talked with Peaches Geldof. With your support, this blog can reach a critical mass, causing celebrities and politicians to take it seriously. How ironic that they will take seriously something I lace with humor. Please make it a project that each of you, over the next year, persuade at least three people to read my blog. If you can do more, great! Post a link on any forums, or websites you use. Use it as a conversation starter at parties and social functions. Even around the water cooler at work. You can say, "I was reading the Joseph in the Bracknell blog the other day, and..." This will certainly lead to you being more successful with members of the opposite sex. Imagine how much you'll impress your boss, if, during a business meeting, you speak up and say, "According to Joseph in the Bracknell..." then insert some clever business observation (WARNING! It will only impress your boss if you remember to insert the clever business observation.). At some point, if I get enough readers, the Queen will knight me.
Thank you all. I love all of you. Well, all except one and you know who you are.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Karelian Blonde said...

Happy Anniversary! And keep them stories coming :)

8:04 AM  
Blogger Joey B said...

Thank you. I keep banging them out, as long as you lot keep reading them.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home