Google

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Hairshirt

It's been a little bit of a weird day, today. First, my artist friend, Jan, has been cross with me for the better part of 24 hours. Then, this morning, it seemed like my friend, Tom , was cross with me. He doesn't seem to be taking my teasing very well, at the moment. Finally, Nando snapped at me and he almost never does that. I have known Nando for over four years and he's only ever snapped at me once before. That was when he was trying to give up cigarettes and he'd gone a couple of days without smoking. He was becoming more and more irritable, as the time without a cigarette dragged on. Today, he had plenty of cigarettes and he snapped at me worse than that other time. When I asked him what was wrong, he wouldn't tell me. He even turned down an offer of a Magnum ice cream bar, tonight, and he loves those. The only thing I can think of is that there's a problem with his Mama. I hope there isn't, but he was on the phone this evening, speaking Italian.
Ironically, a couple of more distant friends, who had been a bit off with me, recently, were very nice to me today. I spent some time speaking on the phone with them. I ended up doing a very uncharacteristic thing, this afternoon. I went out shopping. I bought Jodie Marsh's autobiography. Although I enjoy reading, it was no substitute for socializing with people. I wonder why friends suddenly shut one out? It's a holiday weekend, here in the UK, and, so far, all of my social plans have fallen through. I wonder if it's my hair? I am starting to need a haircut. Could people be treating me harshly because of my hair? If I was rich, I could afford to have my hair cut more often. Maybe the reason rich people are so popular is that they can afford to keep their hair styled.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home