Google

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Playing Easter Bunny

I woke up today and it was Easter Sunday. Here in Britain, there is a tradition of giving Easter eggs to people. Not the hard boiled eggs with the dyed shells, like I used to make with my mother, when I was a child in America. Here, people give chocolate Easter eggs. In America, we used to give chocolate Easter bunnies. At the end of the day, it probably doesn't make a lot of difference. Chocolate is chocolate.
On Friday, a close personal friend of mine came to visit. She's very generous and brought me a fancy, chocolate Easter egg, packaged with three boxes of chocolates. Last night, as I was invited to Jan the Artist's for dinner, I decided I should stop and buy an Easter egg for her and one for her daughter. I was on a tight budget, though. As it was the day before, I hoped that I would catch a sale of some sort.
On the way to Jan's, I stopped at Sainsbury's. I found the seasonal items aisle and looked over the eggs on offer. I started at the expensive end and worked my way down. Finally, I found an offer for three moderately sized white chocolate eggs for a fixed price. The only problem was that I only needed two. What could I do? I bought the three. One would just be for me. When I arrived at Jan's, both her and her daughter were very surprised and pleased with my gifts. Who needs the Easter Bunny? Happy Easter to all my friends and blog readers.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home