Google

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Artist of the Week: Sugababes and Girls Aloud

This week, my Artist of the Week is shared by two groups: Sugababes and Girls Aloud. This is the first time in the history of my Artist of the Week that it's been shared by two artists. The reason for this unprecedented move is that these two British girl groups have released a single together. Entitled "Walk This Way," it's a cover of the song that Aerosmith did with Run DMC, by the same title. Sugababes and Girls Aloud released this single for this year's Comic Relief. Both groups waived their fess and proceeds are donated to the Comic Relief charity. When I first heard about this project, I was sceptical as to the result. The video for the song put the hook in me. I like the video better than I liked the Aerosmith and Run DMC video. These women look much better than the guys did. Ironically, I had a chance to be an extra in the video, but I chose to not apply for it. After seeing the finished project, I regretted that decision. You can check out both groups on their respective Myspace pages: www.myspace.com/sugababesofficial and www.myspace.com/girlsaloud . On March 18th, the single reached number 1 on the UK chart. If you like the single, buy it. It's for charity.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home