Google

Monday, March 26, 2007

Clockers

In the early hours of Sunday morning, the clocks were supposed to be put forward one hour, here in Britain. It's taken me almost two days to notice and change every clock in my life. To be honest, I didn't change two of them. One was my computer's clock, because it changes itself. The other is the clock on my VCR, as I never put it back in the autumn, so it's still on summer time from last year. A growing number of people are questioning the wisdom of changing the clocks twice, every year. I was questioning it before it was fashionable to do so. This has got to be one of the most pointless of pointless exercises. Moving the clocks about doesn't save any daylight. It just shifts the indicated time when such daylight as there is occurs. This is almost as bad as recycling.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home