Google

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Cake Versus Liqueur

I spent the evening watching TV with Nando. Ever since he got back from Italy, I have been offering him cake. Up till now, he's been declining. When I got home today, I informed him that I had brought some chocolate cake home with me. While Nando has been turning down ginger cake, for the past few days, I know he has a soft spot for chocolate. After watching some "Friends" re-runs and some "Simpsons," Nando asked for a piece of cake. I asked him if he wanted the ginger cake, as I have loads of that. No, he wanted the chocolate. I gave him a piece and let him eat it on his own. I hadn't had my dinner yet, so I didn't want to spoil my appetite for dinner by eating cake ahead of time.
After watching "Eastenders," Nando decided to watch "Two For the Money," a film I had watched on Saturday night, starring Al Pacino. Pacino is one of Nando's favorite actors. According to Nando, Pacino can make even a crap film seem good. Nando sees Pacino as "Italian." All of a sudden, Nando went upstairs. When he came back down, after a couple of minutes, he had a bottle in his hand. He called out to me from the kitchen, asking if I wanted some liqueur. My Italian housemate said it was home made and whole nut flavored. I accepted. After all, the price was right. I tried a sip and it tasted flavorful, although with a slight after taste of paint remover. I saved the rest for after my dinner, when I would also have some chocolate cake. When I was finally ready to finish it, I tried to entice Nando to give me some more, asking him if he was going to have some more. It didn't work. He was saving the rest for another night.
This is one of the things I like about Nando. We give each other stuff. I give him cake, while he gives me liqueur. Sort of one hand washes the other. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. Quid pro quo. Gee, there are so many cliches for it. Also, like me, Nando doesn't like to drink alone. With the boy gone, life was good in the house, again.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Karelian Blonde said...

With the boy gone, I'm looking forward to hearing who will be the next addition to your house.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Joey B said...

I always worry who we'll get, in these sitautions.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home