Google

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Artist of the Week: Christina Aguilera

This week, Christina Aguilera has captured the honor of being my Artist of the Week. Pretty much everyone knows who Christina Aguilera is. Her current album, "Back to Basics," was released in August of last year. The first single from the album, "Ain't No Other Man," achieved financial success, but for some reason left me feeling less than inspired. I loved the look she has taken on (a Marilyn Monroe inspired style) and thought she was very hot in the video, but something musically didn't quite gel for me. The second single, "Hurt," I didn't even notice. Recently, I saw the video for her third single from "Back to Basics," entitled "Candyman." The style of the song is based on pop music from the 1940s and 50s. The first thing I thought when I saw it was, "wow!" Always a good looking woman when she lets herself be, I think she looks the best in it that I have ever seen her look. Simply gorgeous. The song reminds me of "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy," by the Andrews Sisters, to which it sounds very similar, musically. In the video, she's duplicated, so there is a trio of Christinas, each with different hair color, dressed in navy uniforms, singing. This very closely recreates the imagery of a filmed performance by the Andrews Sisters, which I have seen, years ago. The tune is catchy and I instantly fell for it. It motivated me to select her for the featured slot, this week. You can visit her official Myspace page at: www.myspace.com/christinaaguilera . Well done Christina. You go girl!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home