Google

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A Key Note

When I arrived home from work today, M1's car was parked in front of the house. I usually get home before he does, but I was a bit late coming home, so I didn't think too much of it. I entered the house and it was quiet. After going upstairs, I noticed a dirty footprint on the carpet, outside M1's door. I figured he must have worked today and was resting. When he's been to work, h sometimes leaves dirty footprints. He works as a laborer and often brings a bit of his work home with him. I like to have a nap when I get home from work, myself, so I shut myself in my room, set my alarm to wake me in time for "Eastenders," and went to sleep.
My alarm was set for 7:55PM, as "Eastenders" was starting at 8PM, tonight. At around 7PM, the doorbell rang. I figured it was someone soliciting for donations. A woman had come to the door last week, around that time, asking for a donation. I sent her away, of course. I don't have money to be giving away, at the moment. Whoever it was this time, he or she went away and I turned over and tried to go back to sleep. A little while later, the doorbell rang again. This time, the person kept ringing it. I wondered why M1 didn't answer it, as it was probably for him? No one just turns up at the door for me or Nando. The ringing continued. Then there was tapping. Why doesn't this person just give up and go away? I usually sleep with no clothes on, so getting up to answer the door would involve getting dressed. I didn't want to bother, so I just tried to ignore it. I could hear a voice or voices outside. Probably some of M1's friends. Why don't they just go away? Then someone started throwing pebbles against my window. I was worried that the window would end up getting broken. I went to the window and yelled, "what the hell's the matter with you?"
It was M1. He gestured for me to open the door. "Where's your key?" I asked.
"Inside," was his disappointing reply. I angrily got dressed and then went down to let him in. He told me he'd been locked out since this morning. If he'd been locked out since this morning, why didn't he call the landlord to come open the door? Not long after he moved in, he locked himself out of his room. You would have thought he'd have learned his lesson, then. This boy and locks don't seem to get along. Another thing, if he was locked out all day, why wasn't he sitting on the doorstep when I came home from work? Where was he then? He knows what time I usually get home, why did he wait until two hours later, when I am usually asleep, and come knocking then? I went back into my room and got back in bed. M1 fooled around in the house for about ten minutes, then I heard his car start and he drove off. Nando is due back in three days. I can hardly wait.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home