Google

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Artist of the Week: Kaiser Chiefs

This week, my Artist of the Week is the Kaiser Chiefs. This new wave/alternative rock band, from Leeds, England, was originally formed in 1997. They hit the big time last year, when they won three Brit awards: Best Group, Best British Rock Act, and Best Live Act. All the acclaim that came their way, last year, put me off a little. I found their music okay, but I didn't think that the amount of fuss that was being made over them was warranted. Their current single, "Ruby," which hit number one in the UK charts two weeks ago, has caught my interest and motivated me to take a second look at them. This is their most successful single to date and is my current profile song. "Ruby" was the motivation for awarding them my Artist of the Week honor. You can check them out on Myspace, at: www.myspace.com/kaiserchiefs .

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home