Google

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Red Nose Day

No, not the Comic Relief thing. I'm talking about my nose. I've had a pimple starting on the end of my nose and people at work kept mentioning it, today. For some reason British people call a pimple a "spot." Personally, I thought spot was a dog's name. Why do people have to keep mentioning it to me? It's not as if I don't know there's a big red bump on the end of my nose. Every time I look at a mirror, I can see it. It just won't come on fully and form a whitehead, so I can pop it. Maybe that's what "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" is about. Maybe it's not really about Santa Claus at all, but a metaphor for a poor German worker, who has a pimple on the end of his nose. All the other workers used to laugh and call him names. He couldn't get a girlfriend with that big red spot on his nose, so one Christmas Eve, he took out his Glock and blasted all his poxy co-workers. Next time they'll keep their mouths shut. Now that's a Christmas story you can sink your teeth into. I should be writing scripts, I tell you.
Comic Relief is a British charity that raises money for people in Africa and for disadvantaged people in the UK. Red Nose Day is held in the spring, every other year, as a fund raising event for Comic Relief. People wear plastic red clown noses, which they acquire by making a donation. This year, it's the 16th of March. You can find out more at: http://www.rednoseday.com/ . That's what I can do, I can tell people that the red spot on my nose is my Red Nose Day nose. Maybe they will shut up then.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home