Google

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Nando Makes a Revelation

Nando and I were watching "Walk the Line," tonight, when I had one of my urges to ask him some questions. "Have you ever thought of being a musician?" I asked the relaxing Italian.
"No," he replied.
"Why not?" I continued.
"Because I don't know how to play an instrument," confessed Nando.
"What about a singing," I countered," have you thought of being a singer? You don't need to play an instrument to do that."
"No."
"You could always learn to play an instrument, now," I suggested.
"It's too late for that," he said.
"It's never too late," I observed.
"I tried to learn to play an instrument, when I was a kid," he revealed. "It wasn't for me." I thought I had gotten as much as I was going to get out of that topic and settled into watching the film again. After a brief pause, Nando spoke again. "There is one thing I thought about doing, when I was young."
"What?" I inquired.
"Be a journalist," Nando confided. What? Where the heck did that come from?
My interest rekindled, I said, "why don't you do it now?"
"Because I was stupid as a kid and didn't educate myself enough," Nando admitted.
"You could start now," I suggested. "You could educate yourself now and become a journalist." Nando just shook his head in response and went back to watching the film. Who would have guessed? Nando the journalist. This just goes to show there's still a lot I don't know about the guy.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home