Google

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Artist of the Week: The Ballinsky Project

This week, my Artist of the Week is The Ballinsky Project. The Ballinsky Project is comprised of singer/songwriter Nathan Ball and cellist Adrianne Wininsky. I have been intending to feature them for some time. As their music is laid back, acoustic/folk, I was waiting for the right time of year where it would fit my mood. I am featuring their song, "Hideaway Snowflakes," as I hope the snow has gone for this winter. After last week's snow, it's been much milder this week.
The Ballinsky Project is an unsigned band, who play live gigs around the UK. Nathan Ball is a personal friend of mine. Yes, I knew him before Myspace. We used to work together at Gemstone Travel and later, he worked for me, for a while, at my own travel agency. As long as I've known Nathan, he's always been into music. I have seen him perform a number of times at local pubs and venues, in and around Bracknell. A few years ago, Nathan stopped wearing shoes. Year round. He literally went barefoot everywhere. The last time I saw him, at the end of August, he was still at it. To me, Nathan always reminded me, visually, of Jesus. If I was making a film and needed to cast Jesus, I would pick Nathan.
I don't know Adrianne Wininsky very well. I only met her after she started playing gigs with Nathan. I can say she's very beautiful and is probably the hottest woman I have ever seen with a cello between her legs. You can check out their Myspace at: http://www.myspace.com/theballinskyproject . They have a number of gigs coming up, starting with the Cellar Bar, at South Hill Park, in Bracknell, this week. They also have a session CD available for purchase. Add them as friends, leave them a comment, and tell them I sent you.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home