Google

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ain't Just Whistling Dixie

Nando and I were watching "Hitch," tonight. I finally got him to give the film a try. For me, it was my second time seeing it. Nando claims not to like romantic comedies. The frustrating thing is, he laughs during them, but always ends up saying they are "crap." Anyway, during the film, one of the characters puts his fingers in his mouth and whistles, loudly. After seeing that, Nando said it took him a long time to learn how to do that. He can whistle like that, with two fingers in his mouth, but not with no fingers. He told me that some people can do without fingers, which is better.
I confessed to Nando that I can't whistle like that, with two fingers in my mouth. He repeated that it took him a long time practicing before he could do it. He tried to explain to me how to do it. I tried and tried, but all that happened was the sound of air blowing and my fingers getting wet. Nando found that amusing. "It takes a lot of practice," he said. When I was a kid, I used to feel annoyed that my grandmother could whistle better than I could. In my late teens, I was frustrated that my grandmother had a thicker mustache than I did. Speaking of whistling Dixie, my grandmother was from the South, in America. How ironic? Nando is from southern Italy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home