Google

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Artist of the Week: Astrella Celeste

This week, my Artist of the Week is Astrella Celeste. Astrella is the middle daughter of British pop star legend, Donovan. She's performed on stage since she was a child, toured with her father, and performed backing vocals for him. Now, she's developing her own musical career. Style wise, her music is a fusion of pop, jazz, and country. I didn't select her just because she's beautiful. I think she has a lovely voice and she reminds me a bit of the Corrs. My evil ex-wife, the Black Queen, once gave me a Corrs CD for Christmas, or something. She had overheard me say I would like to have a best of Corrs album that was being advertised on the radio. Even as she gave it to me, she said she was surprised I liked that type of music. Even after marrying me, she hadn't fathomed how deep and varied my musical taste is.
Astrella has been compared to Liz Phair, Shania Twain, and Natalie Merchant. Astrella, herself, cites such influences as her father, Chet Baker, Nina Simone, Sade, Tori Amos, and the Cardigans. You can check her out at her Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/astrellaceleste . Add her as a friend and tell her I sent you. Could this be another artist that James Max doesn't know about?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home