Google

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Celebrity Big Brother

On Wednesday, "Celebrity Big Brother" 2007 started. I didn't watch it as I was otherwise engaged. I was curious as to who was in the house. The most interesting contestants, for me, are Jermaine Jackson, brother of Michael Jackson, and Dirk Benedict, star of the original "Battlestar Galactica" and "The A-Team." They are known the world over. Last year, I heard a radio interview of Dirk and I thought he sounded very easy going. He also had a good sense of humor and seemed to be able to laugh at himself. Dirk seemed modest, which is an endearing quality in a celebrity. I am going out on a limb and backing Dirk to win the series. I even stopped at a bookie's on the way home from work, Friday, and put a bet on him to win. Anyone who doesn't know him from "The A-Team," which is popular in Britain, might grow to like him over the next few weeks. One cool thing about Britain, as compared to America, is that bookies are legal throughout the UK. If America is truly the land of the free, why isn't gambling legal everywhere, not just in Nevada and Atlantic City? Anyway, I have caught up with the show, yesterday and today. Already, one housemate, Donny Tourette, frontman of the band, Towers of London (no, I had never heard of him either), has walked off the show. That puts Dirk one step closer to winning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home