Google

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Artist of the Week: U2

This week, my Artist of the Week is U2. I thought of them because of their song, "New Year's Day," as it's New Year. They also have an album released last month, "U2 18 Singles," which is a best of album, containing sixteen of their famous hits, plus two new tracks. Originating in Dublin, Ireland, the band started performing as U2 twenty-eight years ago. They have had six number one albums in America and nine number ones in Britain. With twenty-two Grammy awards, they have won more Grammys than any other artist.
What can I tell you about them that you don't already know? They are known the world over. While I don't always agree with their political statements, they make great music. Their "18 Singles" album is a good buy, as it has so many good tracks. U2 are comprised of Bono, the Edge, Adam Clayton, and Larry Mullen, Jr. I am amazed that whoever runs their Myspace page hasn't put "New Year's Day" on their music player. Someone's fallen down on the job, there. You can listen to the two new tracks from the album, there and ad them as friends. www.myspace.com/u2 Tell them I sent you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home