Google

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Artist of the Week: Leona Lewis

I held off posting my Artist of the Week, this week, to find out the results of the UK Singles Chart. As expected, Lenoa Lewis has achieved the coveted Christmas number one single. I am pleased to select her as my Artist of the Week. Last Saturday, she won "The X Factor" (UK), the first woman to do so. I was so impressed with her since I started seeing her on "The X Factor," that I voted for her in the final. This is the first time I have ever voted in any reality TV competition. Her single, "A Moment Like This," was downloaded 50,000 times within the first thirty minutes of being available, online. She has been compared, favorably, to the likes of Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston. I think she is better looking than Mariah
Born in Islington, London, the 21-year-old beauty lives in Hackney. Prior to entering the "X Factor" competition, she worked as a receptionist and a waitress. Sadly, whomever is running her Myspace page doesn't have her single available to sample on her song player. Instead, they have a separate player with the video for it. As I play songs by my Artists of the Week on my profile, not videos, I had to select from what is there. I chose her live covering of "Could This Be Magic," which she performed on "the X Factor." I like the song and like her rendition of it. You can see the music video of "A Moment Like This" at her Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/leonalewis . Add her as a friend and tell her I sent you. She has a great voice and I expect great things from this young lady, in the future. People in America need to get behind her, as well, so she will be successful in that market. Merry Christmas, everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home