Google

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Hurry Saturday

On Saturday, my housemate, S1, will complete his move out and my Italian, ex-housemate, Nando, will move in. I can hardly wait. Tonight, almost like a parting gift, S1 subjected me to a lot of the behaviors that bother me. First of all, he brought that very non-charming child of his around. Back from its trip to Australia, it had been here for two days. It's at that useless age where it can walk, but doesn't talk intelligibly, yet. It just mumbles noises. When I got home from work, I just shut myself in my room and listened to Iain Lee, on LBC 97.3, London. I fell asleep for a nice rest.
When I awoke, I read some email, then decided to go downstairs and watch TV. There wasn't much on, tonight, but I can always find something on Sky, as it has like 1,000 channels. Perhaps a nice documentary. No. When I get into the lounge, S1 is in there watching the Sky he has never helped pay for. And what does he have on? "Smokey and the Bandit 2." As much as I love "Smokey and the Bandit," everyone knows "Smokey 2" is rubbish. He says he's put it on while he's cooking his dinner. When his dinner is ready, he walks in from the kitchen with it, frozen pizza, on one of my plates. There are house plates, yet people keep using my personal plates.
Another thing about S1, he never washes dishes. Now that he's moving out, he's brought down most of my glasses from his room, where he's been hoarding them. They are all dirty, so he leaves them by the side of the sink, in case someone wants to wash them. After he finishes his dinner, he walks into the kitchen to make a phone call, on his mobile. He puts his (my) dirty dinner plate on the side, not even bothering to put it IN the sink to soak. I don't know if he goes into the kitchen for privacy, or to avoid disturbing me watching the tele, but he accomplishes neither. He speaks so loudly, I can hear his entire conversation, and, from time to time, he puts his mobile on speaker or something, and I can hear the bird who's talking to him, as well. Now, I don't mind eavesdropping on a conversation...if it's interesting. This one wasn't. It had something to do with going to a pub on Friday night and S1 not wanting to get in the middle of this bird and someone else, if they start arguing. He just kept repeating the same stuff, over and over, and over. "Smokey 2" ended and I would like to know if he's coming back to watch TV, so we can pick something else to watch. After a series of adverts, the next film comes on. It's "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." A pretty decent film, but I've seen it.
Eventually, his repetitive phone conversation ends and he returns to the lounge. "Charlie and the Chocolate factory," he says. No shit, Sherlock. Referring to me as "Papa Smurf," he confesses to having seen "Charlie" before it was in the cinemas, on a pirate DVD. He gets something from the ironing board and goes upstairs to fetch another load of laundry. By now, I am hungry. Watching the beginning of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" has given me a strange craving for a Cadbury's Fruit and Nut bar. I am pretty sure I have one left, in the fridge. Before I indulge myself on chocolate, I have a light dinner. It's a hot dog, some cole slaw and potato salad. I can't find any interesting documentaries, so I flip through the music video channels.
One last parting behavior, from S1. He goes upstairs, to bed, I suppose, but leaves every light in the common areas on. He leaves the utility room light on, the kitchen light on, the foyer light, the stairs light, and the lounge light. That's worse than M1, who usually misses out on the utility room light. I thought young people were supposed to be "green?" These two waste electricity like it's a profession. After I finish eating, I turn off all the lights except the stairs. For some reason, the it baby likes the stairs light on while it sleeps. I find my last Cadbury Fruit and Nut bar, in the fridge, where I have been saving it for months. The chocolate tastes so good. I savor each bite, while watching music videos. "Three more days," I keep telling myself, then Nando will be here. Hurry Saturday.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the reason why I will never ever have a roommate again!

I prefer living in a 2 X 4 and pay for it on my own.

3:55 PM  
Blogger paris said...

I wish I knew how to cheer you up....soundslike you really need time to yourself.....I think they call it a closing on life, relationship and ect. But don't worry your sight is interesting you'll gain a lot of friends some true ansd some notso...

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like you have been around some.

BTW... BSB is really my room mate. :-) Cheers.

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, BBC, you're the guy living in the closet. I was telling BSB that I thought we had a visitor at our place. I dissappointed she didn't tell me. ;-)

Hey Joseph, what a wild ride you've been on, keep up the good life.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Joey B said...

bsb...housing in England is so exspensive, it's hard to live on your own, unless you have a sizable income. In any case, When Nando move sin, things will be better. We lived together three years, before and get along well.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Joey B said...

Paris, just hearing from you, bsb, and even BBC, is a little bit of a cheer up. Are you related to Paris Hilton? Did you know that there is a city named after you?

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it's a good thing that I dropped by.. This way, I can find out what's going on in my little
2 X 4

Wow! how exciting.. 2 men living with me.. yippie!!!

I understand Joseph about expenses. I'm quite lucky to have a cheap rent and it's cute..well I like it... drop by my blog..under antiquing.. you'll see my little 2X4.

I had a rommy when I was at uni. not always easy... cheer up.. ;-) the other person will be there soon and the pain in the neck out ;-)

9:31 AM  
Blogger Joey B said...

Other "person?" He's not a person, he's Nando, my Italian, ex-housemate. He's a racist, but he's a nice guy, despite that.

"Cheer up?" Even after Nando moves in, I still won't be married.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Joey B said...

bsb, you actually live in a piece of wood?

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheap too! ;-)

4:38 PM  
Blogger Joey B said...

Sounds like the pixies. If someone rubs the piece of wood, do you grant him, or her, three wishes?

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home