Google

Thursday, October 05, 2006

I Won!

I was late to work today. When my alarm went off, I turned it off, but didn't get out of bed. I fell asleep again. When I awoke, it was only seven minutes before I was due there. By the time I arrived, I was 38 minutes late. I apologized to the manager and explained what happened. He didn't seem too bothered and just commented that I would simply be paid less. That's the part that really bothers me. I couldn't stay late and make up the time, as I had another run through of a television show to attend, after work.
On the way to the studios, I managed to acquire two free newspapers. Wow! Things are on an upward trend, for me. Once there, I met a fashion designer. She was participating in the run through. Besides the fact that she was beautiful, meeting her was a bit ironic, as yesterday, I was invited to be an audience member of the show, "Make Me A Supermodel: Extras." She seemed exceptionally unimpressed when I told her.
The run through is for a game show. When we played it ot for the TV execs, I WON! The production company gave me a bottle of champagne. I told you things were on an upward trend, for me. On the way home, while I was changing trains at Kings Cross/St.Pancreas Station. As I was walking from the metropolitan Line to the Piccadilly Line, I noticed this attractive woman walking just ahead of me. The first thing I noticed was the back of her skirt. It had a hemline below the knee and had two slits in it, which seemed to help it accentuate her figue as she walked. She had on heels, probably three inch, black pumps. The double slit skirt was black On top, she wore a black and white, herringbone, short jacket. She was tall, probably about 5' 8" to 5' 9." Medium length, blond hair. With her long legs, she walked fast. I weaved through the crowd, to keep up. I was curious to get a glimpse of her face. From behind, she looked about fortyish. I wanted to see if my analysis was correct.
The double slit wearer turned out to be heading to the same Picadilly train as I was. The crowd and her speed made it almost impossible to overtake her. When we got to the platform, a train was just pulling in. She got on one of the Underground train carriages and I followed. She sat down, just by the opposite door. I innocently walked past her, without looking, and managed to get the last available seat. I was four seats down and on the opposite side from her. After sitting, I was finally able to see her face, clearly. I was right, definitely forties. She was pretty and very well kept looking. She held a black purse to match her shoes. I scanned the left hand. No wedding ring. In fact, no rings of any kind. Looking at the hands...always a give away...I would say late forties.
She was very good looking, despite her age. She took out her own copy of a free paper and started doing sudoku. Awwww, a fellow sudoku player. I tried to guess which stop she would get off the train. Based on how well she was dressed, I guessed Knightsbridge, South Kensington, or maybe even Gloucester Road. I would love it if t was Gloucester Road, as that's my stop, but I bet it isn't. As I was feeling tired, I started to nod off. All of a sudden, I snapped awake again We stopped in Knightsbridge and she bolted. I was right again, in my guess. I love being right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home