Google

Monday, July 31, 2006

That Didn't Work Out So Well

When I went shopping at Sainsbury's, the other day, I found a lot of vegetables marked down, because they had reached their sell by date. There is a meal I haven't made for a while, because I haven't wanted to buy all the ingredients. It's the vegetables that are costly. Some of the ingredients, like pasta and canned tuna, I have on hand. While in Sainsbury's, I discovered two of the vegetables I needed were marked down to 20 Pence. The recipe usually calls for a third, green peppers, which weren't on sale. I have previously experimented with using red and yellow peppers instead and that worked out. There were some sort of hot peppers marked down to 20 Pence, as well, so I thought I would try using those instead, since I like spicy foods.
This recipe is one of my specialties, the Lucas Memorial Pasta Salad. It was named after Kelly Lucas, my first ex-fiancee, who taught it to me. I have often made this dish on a Sunday, so last night I decided to make it, as I needed to use the vegetables before they went bad. I prepared and cooked things, as required. I sat down to eat it and discovered that whatever these peppers I had used were, they were way too hot for this dish. I ended up needing to drink water and that's saying a lot, as I usually like very hot foods. I usually eat the whole bit I cook in one sitting, but I decided to save half for lunch today. I have eaten it now. I won't be using those peppers again.
Last night, I was in the Iain Lee Forum, when Habiba came into the chat room. She and I had a nice chat, although other people in the room were also trying to talk to her, so she would be distracted, at times. The more I talk with her, the more I like her. This was a nice follow-up to talking to her on Iain's show, last week.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Lucas Memorial Pasta Salad" - awesome! Do you have memorial dishes for other expartners?!

Unfortunately, if I was to adopt the same policy, I'd need to think of a memorial dish right now :(.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Joey B said...

No,I don't, although I do have a stir fry recipe that I got from the Black Queen.

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Black Queen???

12:48 PM  
Blogger Joey B said...

Yes, the Black Queen, my evil ex-wife.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home