Google

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Artist of the Week: Kate Voegele

This week, my artist of the week is Kate Voegele. The first song of hers that I ever heard was, "Only Fooling Myself," and I liked it immediately. Her first full-length album, "Don't Look Away," is due out in stores, in America, on May 22. She signed with Myspace Records, last October, a label founded by the same folks who started Myspace, itself. Only 20, she's still attending university. I first discovered her on Myspace. I get loads of new musical artists sending me "friend requests," on Myspace, but when I listen to their music, few of them make as strong an impression as Kate did. Her musical influences include: Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon, James Taylor, and Eric Clapton. A native of Cleveland, Ohio, she began writing her own songs at age 15. I think she has a great voice. My only concern is that her album may not be marketed here, in Europe. It should be possible to get a copy via the internet, if it isn't. You can check her out on Myspace, at: http://www.myspace.com/katevoegele . The album is entitled "Don't Look Away," and once you try it, I suspect you won't.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home