Google

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Artist of the Week: Michael Gray

This week, my Artist of the Week is Michael Gray. First gaining worldwide success as a part of the dance music production and remixing team Full Intention, Michael, the DJ and music producer, went on to pursue a solo career. As a solo artist, his first big success was the single, "The Weekend," released in 2004. With support from Pete Tong and UK radio stations, "The Weekend" reached number 7 in the UK charts. In America, it reached the top 10 in Billboard's Hot Dance Airplay chart, in 2005. I liked the song from the first time I heard it. However, last summer, Michael surpassed himself with his next single, "Borderline," released in July, 2006. Not only did I love the song, with vocals by Shelly Poole, but I couldn't get enough of the sexy video, featuring rooftop dancers in black stockings. If you haven't seen the video, it's available on the net somewhere, like You Tube, or something. Just search Google for it.
Based on my love for "Borderline," I was prepared to award Michael Gray my Artist of the Week title as soon as I found him on Myspace. There was one problem. Michael didn't have a music player on his Myspace page. With a new single due out next month and an album to follow, in June, that has been rectified. His new single is "Somewhere Beyond" and it will be interesting to see if Michael is able to sore another summer dance anthem for the second year in a row. I will definitely be checking out the album, "Analogue Is On," when it comes out. You can check out Michael Gray at his Myspace page: www.myspace.com/michaelgrayuk . It has a working player now and you can listen to "The Weekend," "Borderline," and his new single, there. As long as he continues to come up with hip hop/dance style of music that I like, I'll be buying.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home