Google

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Snow Job

When I went out to go to work this morning, I was surprised to discover that my car was covered in...snow! Not just my car, though, every car on the street. And on the street next to ours, as well. There was even snow sticking to the sidewalk. I can't remember when snow has fallen here and stuck. After brushing off my car, I found that some was sticking to the road surface of the road that runs perpendicular to mine. The traffic reports on the radio indicated that the snowfall was causing massive delays. Snow is so rare in southern England, that when it does occur, people don't seem to know what to do. Motorists seem to panic a bit. Fortunately, I don't have that far to drive and the second half of my journey is in the opposite direction to rush hour traffic. I spent six years living in Syracuse, New York, which is in the snow belt, so I learned to drive in snow the hard way. I predicted the snow wouldn't last and when I came out of work, this afternoon, it hadn't. All of the vile white stuff was gone. What happened to global warming?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home