Google

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Alison Bell On Tesco Checkouts

I was on the air with the lovely Alison Bell, this afternoon, on LBC 97.3, London (Sky Channel 0177 or via the net at: http://www.lbc973.co.uk/ ). I called in to dissuade her from using fake tan, as that was what she started talking about at 1PM. While I was waiting to go on air with her, she started talking about having used an automated checkout at Tesco, recently. I told her I enjoy dealing with live checkout girls. She said they tend to be miserable. I pointed out that, maybe, that was her experience, because she is female too. I don't find the women on the tills miserable with me, but then I talk to them. What would happen to Corazon if the checkouts were automated? Alison was sitting in for Wendy Lloyd again.
Speaking of, I stopped at the Tesco on the other side of town, yesterday, on the way home from work. After I finished shopping, I was strolling by the checkout aisles, looking for a suitable one, when a rather plain looking, older woman beaconed me over. She had just opened and had no one at her till. I hesitated a moment, but as I was in a hurry, I went ahead and went to her. After I paid and was walking out, I think I spotted Corazon, further down. I felt badly that I hadn't waited till I found her. Is this cheating?
James Max has been nice enough to put me in his top 24 friends, on Myspace. You can check out his page at: http://www.myspace.com/jamesmaxlondon He likes having friends, so add him. Also, let's reward James by listening to his show, Sunday night from 7PM to 9PM, on LBC 97.3, London. I will call him on air, tomorrow. Call him, send him messages, or email and tell him how you enjoy hearing me on air with him. Support the shows that support us.
If you haven't yet listened to the MP3 of my blog about the Tesco Checkout, done by Pauly in the Morden, then please do. Everyone is telling me how much they love it. "Corazon the Heart of Tesco, " can be heard at Pauly's Myspace page, http://www.myspace.com/paulvinternet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home