Google

Friday, September 28, 2007

Pennies From Heaven?

This morning, I was taking a shower, when I heard something fall into the tub. We have one of those showers that is part of the bath tub. Looking down, I spotted a bronze colored object, which had fallen from my body. The water had washed it off me. It looked blurry, because I don't wear my glasses in the shower. I had to bend over to pick it up. I hate bending over. Because of this, I get annoyed when I drop something. This may have resulted in me developing quick reflexes. Many times, I have caught something before it hit the floor, which saves me from bending over. Doing so gives me such pleasure. Perhaps that's the good result of me hating bending over. It gives me the opportunity for such pleasure, when I catch something that's falling.
When I bent over, in the shower, I discovered that the object which had fallen from me was a penny. At first, this was very puzzling, because I was not wearing any clothes. I have this habit of not wearing clothes in the shower, odd as that may seem. So, where did the penny come from? Then it dawns on me. The penny had been sticking to my skin. How did it get there? Well, I usually sleep naked. The night before, I had been talking on the phone. I often lay on my bed, when I am talking on the phone. I have this tendency to roll around, when I am laying on the bed and talking on the phone at the same time. When I was talking on the phone, the night before, a penny must have fallen out of my pocket. It remained on the bed, unseen. When I got undressed and went to sleep, I must have lay on top of said penny. After hours of sleeping on the penny, it stuck to my skin, only to be washed off in the shower. In the end, the penny I found in the shower was just one of my own pennies, from my pocket. I was no better off, financially, and the penny didn't constitute any evidence for the existence of heaven.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home