Google

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Artist of the Week: Kate Nash

This week, I am pleased to select Kate Nash as my Artist of the Week. For those of you who haven't heard yet (which is probably all of you in America), Kate is a singer and songwriter from London, who's a new star in the UK music scene. Her second single, "Foundations," which I have chosen for my profile song for the week, shot to number 2 in the singles chart, even though many commercial stations ignored the song when it was released. I first heard it in my car, on the radio, back in June. I was immediately hooked. Since then, I regularly watch the video on the music channels. Because of the unexpected, meteoric success of "Foundations," Kate's record company, Fiction Records, brought forward the release date of her debut album, "Made of Bricks," to August 6th. Since release, her album has reached number one on the UK albums chart.
"Foundations" gives the impressions of a young woman stuck in a bad relationship. I think the lyrics are such that any woman can relate to them. I find her distinctive London accent endearing, although some British women who are not Londoners have complained about it. I think it suits her and makes her songs sound more genuine. Guys, the lyrics of "Foundations" give you a clear blueprint of how NOT to act with women. Learn from them. You can check out Kate on Myspace, at: http://www.myspace.com/katenashmusic . Those of you in America, check this girl out and get your radio stations to play her. I am expecting more good stuff from her in the future.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home