Google

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Artist of the Week: Amy Winehouse

For a long time, I resisted being swept up in the popular frenzy over Amy Winehouse. The songs I heard by her were okay, but, to me, didn't seem to justify the acclaim she was receiving. Being the individualist that I am, I steadfastly refused to jump on the bandwagon. Finally, I have heard a single by Amy which I really like. That single is, "Tears Dry on Their Own" and it's the reason why this week, my Artist of the Week is Amy Winehouse. Unfortunately, "Tears" isn't available for adding on Amy's Myspace page, so I have selected her most successful UK hit, "Rehab," as my sample for her. You can listen to a sample of "Tears Dry on Their Own" on Amy's Myspace page, at: http://www.myspace.com/amywinehouse .
"Tears" is her most recent single from Amy's second album, "Back to Black." Amy won Best British Female Artist at the 2007 BRIT Awards and due to her recent commercial success, it's hard to imagine that any of you don't know who she is. If you haven't particularly enjoyed her work in the past, try listening to "Tears Dry on Their Own." You might find it wins you over.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home