Google

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Buses Versus Trains

Towards the end of last year, certain unexpected bills caused a cash flow shortage for me. Part of my coping strategy was to switch from taking the bus to my day job, to taking the train. The advantages are: the train is cheaper and I can pay for my ticket using a credit card. The latter preserves cash. The disadvantages are: I have a 25-30 minute walk to and from the train station and I have to get up a half-hour earlier. Originally, I meant this to only be a temporary measure. Once the cash flow crisis eases, I intend to go back to the bus. The bus is more convenient, as I only have to walk around the corner to get it. However, now that I have gotten used to the train, I am wondering, should I stay with it?
The enforced walking has caused me to loose more weight, which can only be a good thing. I am now getting an hour of exercise, every day. Also, my weekly train ticket can be used to get me discounts on travel, to and from London. There are also loads of free newspapers available on the train. I could pay extra and add the bus from the town centre to my weekly train ticket. Then I wouldn't have to walk home, although I would still have to walk to the station in the morning, as the buses aren't running that early. If I did add the bus, I would lose the financial savings I am currently enjoying, using the train. What do you think I should do?

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Karelian Blonde said...

Ladies in the office are unanimous: Keep walking and take the train and lose some more weight :)

3:27 AM  
Blogger Joey B said...

So far, everyone is saying that. What's the point? All of them are in relationships. Hardly a motivating factor for me.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Karelian Blonde said...

Point will be that you look better and get healthier.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home