Google

Thursday, November 01, 2007

No Treat

On my way home from work, yesterday, I wondered if I should stop at the supermarket, to buy some chocolate bars to give to trick or treaters. As usual when it comes to spending money, I managed to talk myself out of it. Kids, here in England, don't do the trick or treat thing as much as they do in America. I almost made it through Halloween without any of the little monsters ringing the doorbell. I had every light in the house off, except the glow from my computer. I was sitting at it, doing something internetish, when I heard youthful voices mumbling to each other. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Oh for Pete's sake!

I sat thinking if there was anything in the house I could give them. A bottle of beer each? Nah! I wasn't about to give up any beer. It sounded like a lot of them. I couldn't come up with anything, but as I hesitated, a solution presented itself. They gave up and went away. Thankfully, today's British youth don't show the dogged determination that I had, when I was a lad. I spent the rest of the night undisturbed.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home